My photo
Full-time College Student, Full-time Mom, Conservationist, Nature Lover, & Eighties Baby. I believe in looking forward, and not dwelling in the past. There's nothing one can do to change the past, but everything one can do about their future!

Friday, August 21, 2009

Sooooo Disgusted at Wal*Mart

Today I am disgusted. I broke my good palette knife last week, and I live in the boonies. I went to our newly "improved" Wal*Mart and looked for a palette knife... and looked.... and looked.... THERE WAS NONE! Not even a place for them to hang. Lots of brushes and ridiclously small and overpriced tubes of paint (in a set of course!), but not one palette knife!

I am bummed, wanted to paint along with Alison Vernon of New Hampshire, who has recently enchanted me with her easy yet impeccable technique as I witnessed in a video series I found yesterday.

I think I am going to start avoiding Wal*Mart at all costs, literally... this giant has become a legal monopoly, and now, they are stifling creativity (they even got rid of the FABRIC SECTION!?!?!).
But HEY, look at the HUGE electronics section! If you want to be a mindless drone and not have one creative thought you intend to act on, sit on your ever-increasing obese booty and be inundated with other people's ideas that are ultimately one big advertisement, well then, THIS is the place for you!

Don't forget the heat lamps with the grab-n-go boxes of fried chicken on the left of where your hungry easily-influenced immediate-gratification driven self waits for the sub-speedy cashier... and the sodas on your right, right by the candy bars...

Grosssssssssssss...........

I am so digusted. I think I would rather pay 85 cents more for every item I would otherwise buy there than weaken my already wavering sense of integrity...

Please give me a frickin' palette knife, some paint, a canvas and a well-deserved half hour, frolicking with my muse...


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I concur with your Wal*mart rant. I started avoiding it about two years ago, unless absolutely necessary. Like, ABSOLUTELY absolutely! Granted, ours have expanded to add the foodstuff sections, and the craft sections in them are still well-stocked, I honestly got tired of turning every single item over and seeing "made in China" labels on them. Every item. Nothing against the Chinese, but, yeah, you know what I mean...
Since my discovery of Etsy, I've chosen to support handmade, and in many cases, I've started to support local. Sometimes it's a bit more expensive than crapmart, but I think it's worth it.

I could send you a palette if you're in such dire need though. It would be my pleasure! :D

*followed your twitter link here. I'm JewelsLB BTW!*

Vicki Bower said...

LOL Thanks for your offer! I went to Albany and found a Michael's and I'm ok now. If anyone has a good website with great prices for canvas, paper, and palette knives, I'd love for youto share :)